Skip to main content

solsc: the numbers 22/31


March Slice of Life Story Challenge 
hosted at the Two Writing Teachers
Join us for a month of writing!

Spring break is almost here...Spring break by the numbers:

One week of spring break (sigh)
    Two little girls to potty train (fingers crossed!)
Three days until my parents arrive (yippy!)
    Four to-do lists started (...not sounding like a break.)
Five novels to read (ah, a little break.)
    Six piles and stacks of paper to organize (ugh. recycle?)
Seven days until my birthday celebration (chocolate cake!)
    Eight dinners to prepare (Uh, Dad? Ideas?)
Nine more slices to write (this month).
    Ten glorious (long) fun (exhausting) days for spring break (sigh).


Comments

  1. Great way to count.
    1 - anticipation
    2 - challenge
    3 - we're getting ready
    4 - short lists only
    5 - read
    6 - one pile a day
    7 - guess I'm baking a cake
    8 - whatever your heart desires (Dad's got it covered - leg of lamb???)
    9 - keep writing
    10 - enjoy, enjoy, enjoy....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved and your Mom's numerical response, too. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool that your mom responded first, making this double fun to read. Enjoy your break and do mostly the things you wish and like. Well, the potty training may not be what you want to do, but think of the positive end goal, and it can go on the "like " list too. If your dad and mom offer to help with the girls, cooking or any other to-do list, don't be modest, and accept the help. + ignore any advice people (me included) give and make your own choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a priceless post. What a great comment after your slice. I hope it all goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the use of the numbers...and then that your mother answered! That was fun. Take your mom's advise for number 10...enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!
    Jackie http://familytrove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. A two-fer! And, can you believe that we have nine more slices for this challenge?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so creative! I wish I thought like this. So simple, so clever, so effective! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michelle, you always come up with something new and creative that make your posts so interesting to read. Love the parenthetical comments especially #6 recycle? Yes I say file 13!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love. Love. Love. So crafty and just brilliant. I will be putting this in my writers notebook as a mentor text. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that your mom answered you back with her own numbered list! Have fun with your spring break.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a super list --- although, like you, sometimes I think I try to pack an inordinate amount of projects into break. Even though they're fun. And, relaxing. Wishing you the joy of accomplishing these list items...and celebrating your birthday with loved ones :).
    b

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great list! Reading for fun would be on the top of my list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great list and great response from your mom. I totally enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So very clever! Hope you have at least one special birthday date night! And I loved your mom's response too! Hope your break is terrific! And dry!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this slice! Fun and creative. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very creative slice! I love that your mom responded in the same way. Have a great spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So clever (I think that's been said, but I wanted to say it, too!) Michelle. Glad you are having company to help the coming celebration. I just started break too, am anticipating lots of reading! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Popular posts from this blog

An Interview with Educator/Momma/Writer Ruth Ayres Celebrating #EnticingWriters + Giveaway!

I love sharing book titles with close friends, so I'm happy you are here! I want to share a book that you must add to your to-be-read list. Ruth Ayres has a brand new book titled  Enticing Hard-To-Reach Writers   published by Stenhouse Publishers. It's another must read from Ruth. There are many professional development books available to learn about mastering our craft of teaching.   However, there are only a few that make a true impact -- and this is one book that weaves raw truth, research, practical ideas, and story all in one {cute} little package.  In  Enticing Hard-To-Reach Writers , Ruth allows her worlds to collide during the creation:  "In this book, I entwine my three story lines as educator, momma, and writer." (p. 6) And she does this in an amazing way through sharing stories of her family, adoption, children living in hard places -- and doing their best  -- and healing. She shares how we can use research ...

soLs: a week

Slice of Life Stories hosted by the  Two Writing Teachers I can't believe it's already been one whole week. Sometimes vacations are over in a blink, but other times vacations move slowly to enjoy every moment.  That's how this vacation is going - slowly, but with so much to enjoy. Of course, it is hard being away from home and the every-day-usual, but what I have truly enjoyed the most is the evenings.  After the girls are tucked in bed, it becomes my time to do what I choose to do because I have NO to-do list!  Nothing!  No cleaning, no laundry (thanks Mom!), no dinner (thanks Dad!), no dishes, no nothing.  Instead I have guilt-free time to read books, browse Twitter, catch up on blog reading, scrounge...

soLs: a (proud) little secret

Slice of Life Stories hosted by the  Two Writing Teachers Come here.   Come closer.   I have a secret to share with you.   I'm really excited about it and I haven't told anyone except my mom , my hubby, and my friend, colleague, and writing buddy . I receive notifications of comments on my blog on my email at school.  I think all of you will agree, it's always exciting to see that a new comment was left behind.  It never gets old.  Everyone loves a visitor, a voice that let's you know that you've been heard, and a comment that keeps you writing. I know I don't say it enough, but I really appreciate when YOU stop by and YOU leave a little note because YOU matter to me.   Most comments pour in on Tuesday as slicers are doing their very best to read and leave a supportive note that day.  A few comments tr...