Skip to main content

{sleeping beauties} 4/31 #sol17


__________________________________________________

The March Slice of Life Story Challenge
hosted at the Two Writing Teachers.
Join us for a month of writing!
__________________________________________________



Every year I write about this moment. This moment that happens every night, and it's not even a full minute of my day.

This tender moment fills my momma heart.

At the end of a long day, just before I'm ready to fall into bed, I make my way down the hall.

I walk in the girls' room following the glowing night light and the quiet rain showers coming from the sound machine.

One body is spread sideways across the bed with no blanket and her Wolfie stuffed animal is flopped on the floor.

The other is tucked in tightly under her blanket, sleeping on her tummy with her Wolfie snuggled in.

I brush the wisps of hair off their face and just take a moment to stare.

In this moment I thank God for these two amazing sleeping beauties.

So peaceful. So angelic. So tender. Maybe a little more drool. And a quiet snore.  I smile.

I kiss their soft foreheads and gently touch their cheek with my thumb. There's a slight movement.

Before I leave I whisper, "Good night. Sleep tight. I love you to the moon and back. Forever."

____________________________________________________________

And another treasured moment is on a Saturday morning like today, one little angel came sneaking in my room, tapped me on my back and asked, "Can I snuggle with you?"  

Absolutely. 


Comments

  1. Such a sweet post. I remember as you were growing up, that I too would check in on you and your brother every night and think these same thoughts. How blessed I am to have two wonderful children and now two special granddaughters. God is Great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love the posts you share about the girls...such peaceful moments :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Treasured moments. Isn't it great that you are writing these down?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember another post you had written about this topic, and it so touched my heartstrings. As someone with two 20-something daughters, this chance to kiss foreheads nightly is not one to miss. Enjoy your precious ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) I love that time of night. Sometimes I check on them at night just because I want to see the peace in their faces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet, sweet slice. I miss these days with my boys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So precious. I agree with Carol - I miss these days with my children.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are the moments to savor.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Popular posts from this blog

An Interview with Educator/Momma/Writer Ruth Ayres Celebrating #EnticingWriters + Giveaway!

I love sharing book titles with close friends, so I'm happy you are here! I want to share a book that you must add to your to-be-read list. Ruth Ayres has a brand new book titled  Enticing Hard-To-Reach Writers   published by Stenhouse Publishers. It's another must read from Ruth. There are many professional development books available to learn about mastering our craft of teaching.   However, there are only a few that make a true impact -- and this is one book that weaves raw truth, research, practical ideas, and story all in one {cute} little package.  In  Enticing Hard-To-Reach Writers , Ruth allows her worlds to collide during the creation:  "In this book, I entwine my three story lines as educator, momma, and writer." (p. 6) And she does this in an amazing way through sharing stories of her family, adoption, children living in hard places -- and doing their best  -- and healing. She shares how we can use research ...

soLs: a week

Slice of Life Stories hosted by the  Two Writing Teachers I can't believe it's already been one whole week. Sometimes vacations are over in a blink, but other times vacations move slowly to enjoy every moment.  That's how this vacation is going - slowly, but with so much to enjoy. Of course, it is hard being away from home and the every-day-usual, but what I have truly enjoyed the most is the evenings.  After the girls are tucked in bed, it becomes my time to do what I choose to do because I have NO to-do list!  Nothing!  No cleaning, no laundry (thanks Mom!), no dinner (thanks Dad!), no dishes, no nothing.  Instead I have guilt-free time to read books, browse Twitter, catch up on blog reading, scrounge...

soLs: a (proud) little secret

Slice of Life Stories hosted by the  Two Writing Teachers Come here.   Come closer.   I have a secret to share with you.   I'm really excited about it and I haven't told anyone except my mom , my hubby, and my friend, colleague, and writing buddy . I receive notifications of comments on my blog on my email at school.  I think all of you will agree, it's always exciting to see that a new comment was left behind.  It never gets old.  Everyone loves a visitor, a voice that let's you know that you've been heard, and a comment that keeps you writing. I know I don't say it enough, but I really appreciate when YOU stop by and YOU leave a little note because YOU matter to me.   Most comments pour in on Tuesday as slicers are doing their very best to read and leave a supportive note that day.  A few comments tr...