Slice of Life Stories hosted
I've been waiting. Annnnnnnd waiting.
I've been debating. And playing with choices.
I've been wondering when the one little word would pick me.
I've been reading and admiring the already hand-selected words.
But one little word keeps coming back to me. It keeps playing with me. And now I'm choosing to play with it -- my one little word for 2012 is . . .
Last year was the first year I chose a one little word to live by throughout the year. That's about as far as I got. I picked a word and wrote it on a yellow sticky note. I didn't announce my word. I didn't write about my word. I didn't own my word.
This year I hope will be different. Life is too short. This year I'm going to PLAY more in my life:
- Our 20 month old twin daughters are growing faster than I can keep up! It's hard coming home from a long day at school to a house full of chores to be done. The chores can wait. I need to PLAY and enjoy my girls now.
- Once kids come along, there seems to be no time to PLAY with my husband! We spent so much time together talking, laughing, date nights, movies, wondering about our future - then kids arrived. I need to make time to PLAY again and enjoy him now.
- I can no longer use the excuse that I just had twins. It's time for me to get moving and be active again. Time to start exercising and PLAY now.
- School/work has me so busy and overwhelmed these days. I want to enjoy the students and teachers that I work with -- I spend most of my waking day with them. I need to learn to PLAY more now.
- Ever since the girls arrived, attending church has, well, not happened. We blamed it on the girls' schedule and the difficulty of getting everyone ready on time. There is some truth to that, but it's not an excuse. This past Sunday we attended a new church that is very different than the traditional churches we grew up attending. The music, the band, the singing, the sermon, the connections -- all full of life and PLAY. I was sitting in this service and that's when I knew PLAY was my word now.
I'm looking forward to what's in store for me in 2012 --