Skip to main content

SOLS: This Christmas

Slice of Life Stories hosted


This Christmas our family enjoyed time together celebrating the joy of Jesus' birth.
     Yet this Christmas was a little different than in years past.
This Christmas was also about our two one-and-a-half year old daughters.
     
This Christmas we cherished the magic of Santa Claus.
      Letters written, cookies shared, reindeer food sprinkled outside.
This Christmas we continued old traditions shared from our families,
      and began new traditions that will continue for Christmases to come.
This Christmas we delighted in observing the excitement and wonder of our girls,
     memories of pure happiness and joy captured in our hearts and minds forever.

However, this Christmas there was one little surprise for me under the tree.
     This Christmas I was in awe and in absolute disbelief.

This Christmas I unwrapped a gift just for me with no expectations.
     I opened the plain brown box and inside was a book.
This Christmas I was given a gift that was no ordinary book. 
     It was of a book of my slices. A 'published' compilation of my words.
This Christmas I felt like a kid again - a reminder that I believe in
     the magic, the thoughtfulness, the excitement. 



Thank you Mom and Dad
for sharing the magic and excitement of Christmas! 

 

Comments

  1. This sounds like the perfect present! Your parents are so creative. Now you are a published author. It seems like it was quite the memorable Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous gift. It says how proud they are of you. The memories you are making with your own girls. What joy you described.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous gift. You have very smart parents. I'm also a little jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a fantastic surprise gift. May-be this could become a tradition. Keep writing.
    Terje

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely gift! Your suprise and joy come through loud and clear.
    Juliann

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great gift! It is always so exciting to receive a gift like that, especially when it is unexpected.

    I loved hearing about you considering traditions for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This Christmas was indeed special! Your parents are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful to have a book of your writing. What great parents. :)

    Enjoy the rest of the week with your family.

    Happy New Year,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard about so many wonderful gifts, but this goes to the top, Michelle! You must have been so surprised & grateful to your parents. They must be thoughtful indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Children certainly make Christmas even more special. They keep getting better each year too. I loved your special gift. What a great way to remember your first year of blogging....such a special treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No better gift!! I envy you. I know I could print my own stories, but to have someone else do it because they know you, love you, and want to inspire you is the greatest gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are so happy that this book of your Slices made this Christmas so special. You are an excellent writer and we are so very proud of you and all that you have accomplished. We are especially enjoying our week with you and the girls! Keep writing and expressing yourself. Love ya bunches, M & D

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are published!! What an amazingly special gift. Each Christmas with those baby girls will be more and more fun and memorable. I hope we get to read about them in your next edition of slices.
    Tammy
    and look I got to comment right below your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a truly thoughtful surprise! If that isn't encouragement to keep it up, I don't know what is! Your parents have good reason to be proud and supportive. I am itching to hear your thoughts if you found time to snuggle up and reread your words from the year. I am too nervous to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Parents - you and yours - know the best gifts! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Michelle! Quick question, do you know how your parents made your slice of life entries into a book? Did they order it through a website? I kind of want to try to do this for a friend of mine! :)
    jee young

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Popular posts from this blog

An Interview with Educator/Momma/Writer Ruth Ayres Celebrating #EnticingWriters + Giveaway!

I love sharing book titles with close friends, so I'm happy you are here! I want to share a book that you must add to your to-be-read list. Ruth Ayres has a brand new book titled  Enticing Hard-To-Reach Writers   published by Stenhouse Publishers. It's another must read from Ruth. There are many professional development books available to learn about mastering our craft of teaching.   However, there are only a few that make a true impact -- and this is one book that weaves raw truth, research, practical ideas, and story all in one {cute} little package.  In  Enticing Hard-To-Reach Writers , Ruth allows her worlds to collide during the creation:  "In this book, I entwine my three story lines as educator, momma, and writer." (p. 6) And she does this in an amazing way through sharing stories of her family, adoption, children living in hard places -- and doing their best  -- and healing. She shares how we can use research ...

soLs: a week

Slice of Life Stories hosted by the  Two Writing Teachers I can't believe it's already been one whole week. Sometimes vacations are over in a blink, but other times vacations move slowly to enjoy every moment.  That's how this vacation is going - slowly, but with so much to enjoy. Of course, it is hard being away from home and the every-day-usual, but what I have truly enjoyed the most is the evenings.  After the girls are tucked in bed, it becomes my time to do what I choose to do because I have NO to-do list!  Nothing!  No cleaning, no laundry (thanks Mom!), no dinner (thanks Dad!), no dishes, no nothing.  Instead I have guilt-free time to read books, browse Twitter, catch up on blog reading, scrounge...

soLs: a (proud) little secret

Slice of Life Stories hosted by the  Two Writing Teachers Come here.   Come closer.   I have a secret to share with you.   I'm really excited about it and I haven't told anyone except my mom , my hubby, and my friend, colleague, and writing buddy . I receive notifications of comments on my blog on my email at school.  I think all of you will agree, it's always exciting to see that a new comment was left behind.  It never gets old.  Everyone loves a visitor, a voice that let's you know that you've been heard, and a comment that keeps you writing. I know I don't say it enough, but I really appreciate when YOU stop by and YOU leave a little note because YOU matter to me.   Most comments pour in on Tuesday as slicers are doing their very best to read and leave a supportive note that day.  A few comments tr...