Skip to main content

{small moments} #sol17

Slice of Life is hosted at the Two Writing Teachers
Join in and share a slice of your life. 
_____________________________________________________

Each Tuesday of this new year has come and gone. All seven of them. I was able to squeeze in three slices in January. Life has been busy. 

I've been living in all the BIG moments. Home and school consuming every moment. Life is good, but busy. Always on the go just being busy.  

I thought about writing. I wanted to write. I would open up my laptop. Then my eyes would close. This whole balancing life is difficult. 

And, therefore, time, energy, and my story did not coincide. 

"But here I come," I hear March whispering in my ear.  

And that means the challenge of writing, not just on Tuesdays, but every day.  Searching for those small moments worth sharing. Noticing, watching, holding on, jotting words ... that will become slices of life. 

I'm excited about living in the small moments of life again. 

So, I need to take some of my own advice. Two years ago, I shared some tips and tricks for a successful March of writing. This will be my seventh March Slice of Life Story Challenge.  I'm ready to open my notebook (or my notes on my phone these days), open my eyes, ears, and heart to the little moments that make up my days.

And that starts with warming up with writing today.  The eighth Tuesday of 2017. 

Each day matters.  Each day is full of stories -- small moments -- that are a piece of me and make me who I am. I'm ready to jump in and begin writing again. Those small moments are what I'm looking forward to.

Are you ready for the challenge? Do you have any other tips of inspiration?

Comments

  1. I know what you mean! I missed a Tuesday and it made me so sad... feel like this is an important commitment to myself to write. While the 31 days is daunting, it's such an amazing accomplishment to get to the other side!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a goal, and a plan...you are ready!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're on the right path and I know you'll make it happen. Can you believe it's the 7th year for you and the 6th for me. Amazing how much we all have to share. So glad to be on this journey with you. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. If we have a plan things get done. Your plan is in place. Writing will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that list of yours. (Which is why I'm still sharing it!)

    So glad you'll be joining us this March!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here we go again! I am excited to be on this adventure together with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a good pep post for March SOL. Thanks for the link to your list of tips. I've already shared it with a potential slicer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michelle, thank you for the tips. I have been involved in a month-long poetry writing challenge so I understand the challenges of writing everyday. Life gets in the way so I am going to do my best to write each day in March. I think I missed the 12:00 deadline one day last March but I technically wrote everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Michelle, I am having the same conversations with myself. It's hard to balance what I want to do with what I have to do. I've found some new online buddies to write with. I've invited them to join the slicers in March. Hope it's the motivation I need!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your post.
    I took a break from the blog and am wondering about March!
    Yes, every day is full of stories!
    Wrote a book called "Ouch!" for my class when I returned from being off with a concussion. I fell after the ice storm here in NB. (I'm getting old!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Popular posts from this blog

An Interview with Educator/Momma/Writer Ruth Ayres Celebrating #EnticingWriters + Giveaway!

I love sharing book titles with close friends, so I'm happy you are here! I want to share a book that you must add to your to-be-read list. Ruth Ayres has a brand new book titled  Enticing Hard-To-Reach Writers   published by Stenhouse Publishers. It's another must read from Ruth. There are many professional development books available to learn about mastering our craft of teaching.   However, there are only a few that make a true impact -- and this is one book that weaves raw truth, research, practical ideas, and story all in one {cute} little package.  In  Enticing Hard-To-Reach Writers , Ruth allows her worlds to collide during the creation:  "In this book, I entwine my three story lines as educator, momma, and writer." (p. 6) And she does this in an amazing way through sharing stories of her family, adoption, children living in hard places -- and doing their best  -- and healing. She shares how we can use research ...

soLs: a week

Slice of Life Stories hosted by the  Two Writing Teachers I can't believe it's already been one whole week. Sometimes vacations are over in a blink, but other times vacations move slowly to enjoy every moment.  That's how this vacation is going - slowly, but with so much to enjoy. Of course, it is hard being away from home and the every-day-usual, but what I have truly enjoyed the most is the evenings.  After the girls are tucked in bed, it becomes my time to do what I choose to do because I have NO to-do list!  Nothing!  No cleaning, no laundry (thanks Mom!), no dinner (thanks Dad!), no dishes, no nothing.  Instead I have guilt-free time to read books, browse Twitter, catch up on blog reading, scrounge...

soLs: a (proud) little secret

Slice of Life Stories hosted by the  Two Writing Teachers Come here.   Come closer.   I have a secret to share with you.   I'm really excited about it and I haven't told anyone except my mom , my hubby, and my friend, colleague, and writing buddy . I receive notifications of comments on my blog on my email at school.  I think all of you will agree, it's always exciting to see that a new comment was left behind.  It never gets old.  Everyone loves a visitor, a voice that let's you know that you've been heard, and a comment that keeps you writing. I know I don't say it enough, but I really appreciate when YOU stop by and YOU leave a little note because YOU matter to me.   Most comments pour in on Tuesday as slicers are doing their very best to read and leave a supportive note that day.  A few comments tr...