Skip to main content

{delightful messages of joy} #sol18

 
Slice of Life is hosted at the Two Writing Teachers
Join in and share a slice of your life. 
_____________________________________________________


Every evening, we take our Harley-dog for a family walk. The girls are never too excited about just walking the neighborhood. Thankfully, they are creative and fun, and figure out a way to manage the boring walk.

Some days they decide to hop on their scooters.
Some days they create a game along the way full of hops, steps, and jumps -- worth points.
Some days they ride their new bikes.
Some days they guess and then count the number of steps until the next shade tree.
Some days they roller blade.

But, tonight, they grabbed a bag of chalk. All along the sidewalks through the neighborhood they left delightful messages of joy ...

Messages of joy: Love, Be amazing, Enjoy the sunshine, Be Awesome, Smile, Never give up,
Learn new things, Follow your dreams, and for the dogs: Wag your tail! And lots of smiley faces too!


Comments

  1. This is a wonderful memory to capture! I love the creativity of your daughters and that they chose to spread positive thoughts around. They will probably look back later in life and realize how much they actually loved those “boring” family walks with the dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What joy they must bring to your neighbors when they encounter these messages! They sure know how to liven up a boring walk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely idea. How wonderful for others to walk and find the messages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to brighten the day of those who follow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not only did it make the walk more enjoyable for the girls, but I'm sure they made others smile along the way. Did Harley want to help? Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Popular posts from this blog

An Interview with Educator/Momma/Writer Ruth Ayres Celebrating #EnticingWriters + Giveaway!

I love sharing book titles with close friends, so I'm happy you are here! I want to share a book that you must add to your to-be-read list. Ruth Ayres has a brand new book titled  Enticing Hard-To-Reach Writers   published by Stenhouse Publishers. It's another must read from Ruth. There are many professional development books available to learn about mastering our craft of teaching.   However, there are only a few that make a true impact -- and this is one book that weaves raw truth, research, practical ideas, and story all in one {cute} little package.  In  Enticing Hard-To-Reach Writers , Ruth allows her worlds to collide during the creation:  "In this book, I entwine my three story lines as educator, momma, and writer." (p. 6) And she does this in an amazing way through sharing stories of her family, adoption, children living in hard places -- and doing their best  -- and healing. She shares how we can use research ...

soLs: a week

Slice of Life Stories hosted by the  Two Writing Teachers I can't believe it's already been one whole week. Sometimes vacations are over in a blink, but other times vacations move slowly to enjoy every moment.  That's how this vacation is going - slowly, but with so much to enjoy. Of course, it is hard being away from home and the every-day-usual, but what I have truly enjoyed the most is the evenings.  After the girls are tucked in bed, it becomes my time to do what I choose to do because I have NO to-do list!  Nothing!  No cleaning, no laundry (thanks Mom!), no dinner (thanks Dad!), no dishes, no nothing.  Instead I have guilt-free time to read books, browse Twitter, catch up on blog reading, scrounge...

soLs: a (proud) little secret

Slice of Life Stories hosted by the  Two Writing Teachers Come here.   Come closer.   I have a secret to share with you.   I'm really excited about it and I haven't told anyone except my mom , my hubby, and my friend, colleague, and writing buddy . I receive notifications of comments on my blog on my email at school.  I think all of you will agree, it's always exciting to see that a new comment was left behind.  It never gets old.  Everyone loves a visitor, a voice that let's you know that you've been heard, and a comment that keeps you writing. I know I don't say it enough, but I really appreciate when YOU stop by and YOU leave a little note because YOU matter to me.   Most comments pour in on Tuesday as slicers are doing their very best to read and leave a supportive note that day.  A few comments tr...