Skip to main content

{time} #sol17

Slice of Life is hosted at the Two Writing Teachers
Join in and share a slice of your life. 
_____________________________________________________

Today, my six year old daughters -- and I can only say that for another 12 more days -- brought home an ABC end of the school year countdown.

It starts on Thursday.  So that means there are only 28 more days left of school.

"You will only be first graders for 28 more days," I thought out loud.

Tears filled my eyes.

"Don't cry, Mommy," M. said as she held my face. "You are going to make me cry."

"I just can't believe it. You are almost ... I can't even say it ... second graders."

Big eyes stared my way.

"You don't understand now, but time just goes way too fast."

Comments

  1. Now, fast forward a few years, and imagine that senior in high school. That's what's coming for you. :) Love those early years, because too quickly, you have one daughter in college, and one daughter with 33 days left being a junior in high school.

    Time does just go way too fast. :)

    Thank you for your slice that gave me tears!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how she held your face.
    Yes, time goes too fast. xo
    Your words help capture the moments and feelings for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tears in my eyes. Weren't they toddlers just yesterday?

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a mom I know what you mean. Looking at my 12 year old I wonder wasn't she just 6. And then the 20 and 21 year old come home and I simply do not comprehend how they grew up so fast. So what do you think our moms feel and think when they look at us - their daughters?

    ReplyDelete
  5. And how do you think I feel? It seems like only yesterday that you were graduating From high school then college then, then... And now our babies are going to be seven. Yes, time passes way too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And how do you think I feel? It seems like only yesterday that you were graduating From high school then college then, then... And now our babies are going to be seven. Yes, time passes way too quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Popular posts from this blog

An Interview with Educator/Momma/Writer Ruth Ayres Celebrating #EnticingWriters + Giveaway!

I love sharing book titles with close friends, so I'm happy you are here! I want to share a book that you must add to your to-be-read list. Ruth Ayres has a brand new book titled  Enticing Hard-To-Reach Writers   published by Stenhouse Publishers. It's another must read from Ruth. There are many professional development books available to learn about mastering our craft of teaching.   However, there are only a few that make a true impact -- and this is one book that weaves raw truth, research, practical ideas, and story all in one {cute} little package.  In  Enticing Hard-To-Reach Writers , Ruth allows her worlds to collide during the creation:  "In this book, I entwine my three story lines as educator, momma, and writer." (p. 6) And she does this in an amazing way through sharing stories of her family, adoption, children living in hard places -- and doing their best  -- and healing. She shares how we can use research ...

soLs: a week

Slice of Life Stories hosted by the  Two Writing Teachers I can't believe it's already been one whole week. Sometimes vacations are over in a blink, but other times vacations move slowly to enjoy every moment.  That's how this vacation is going - slowly, but with so much to enjoy. Of course, it is hard being away from home and the every-day-usual, but what I have truly enjoyed the most is the evenings.  After the girls are tucked in bed, it becomes my time to do what I choose to do because I have NO to-do list!  Nothing!  No cleaning, no laundry (thanks Mom!), no dinner (thanks Dad!), no dishes, no nothing.  Instead I have guilt-free time to read books, browse Twitter, catch up on blog reading, scrounge...

soLs: a (proud) little secret

Slice of Life Stories hosted by the  Two Writing Teachers Come here.   Come closer.   I have a secret to share with you.   I'm really excited about it and I haven't told anyone except my mom , my hubby, and my friend, colleague, and writing buddy . I receive notifications of comments on my blog on my email at school.  I think all of you will agree, it's always exciting to see that a new comment was left behind.  It never gets old.  Everyone loves a visitor, a voice that let's you know that you've been heard, and a comment that keeps you writing. I know I don't say it enough, but I really appreciate when YOU stop by and YOU leave a little note because YOU matter to me.   Most comments pour in on Tuesday as slicers are doing their very best to read and leave a supportive note that day.  A few comments tr...