Skip to main content

{break} 25/31 #sol17



The March Slice of Life Story Challenge
hosted at the Two Writing Teachers.
Join us for a month of writing!
__________________________________________________

Dearest Reader,

Today is the day. Spring break begins. A time to get away from the ordinary daily scheduled life and make new memories as family.

I've debated my next move. I've thought a lot about what I should do. This year is going to be different. It's hard to write these words, but this is the first spring break vacation that is not a stay-cation at home or a visit to my parents' home. Our days away will be full and busy and exhausting and fun.

Living life is more important to me right now. Time with family and friends is more important to me right now. Snapping photos and capturing memories in my notebook are more important to me right now.

So, I have decided, as my friend recently did, to press pause right now.

I have wondered how I would even manage it, squeezing it in the full days planned, and spending the time crafting something worth sharing ... I don't want to write something just to post it daily. 

This is my seventh year of the March SOLSC. Over the past six years, I wrote all thirty-one days in March. That's a celebration. I enjoyed it and I had the time to dedicate to writing and commenting in those seasons of my life.

I will not apologize for letting go of this challenge this year at this time. It's what I need to do for myself. I have enjoyed the journey so far, but I'm getting off at today's stop: Spring Break and I'm taking a break from the challenge.

I wave goodbye for now with tears in my eyes. Sad to know I will miss YOUR stories and YOUR words. But I am happy to know I can live freely in each new moment to come without worry.

I'll catch up with you on Tuesdays. Hugs to you all.

Sincerely,
Michelle

P.S. My amazing Mom and fellow slicer has graciously accepted to complete my month-long task on the Welcome Wagon. Thank you so much, Mom! 

Comments

  1. Happy Spring Break! Enjoy your trip and be proud of yourself for setting boundaries. It's a hard thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always say do what's best for you and your family. I look forward to reading your posts on Tuesdays. Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I've always told you, you have to do what is best for you. I know how much you enjoy TWTs and this challenge and how much encouragement you've given me and so many others. Enjoy your vacation and your break. Refresh, regroup and when ready, start writing again. Hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Spring Break. This year, family interrupts! That is the way it is supposed to be when you live a full life. It happens. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for spring break! Enjoy it 180%!!!!! See you on a Tuesday
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great decision to me! Enjoy your vacation! Cherish the time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Michelle - I can hear in your voice how hard this is for you! <3 I think you will have a MAGICAL time and capture all kinds of tidbits for future slices through the year.
    We will miss your voice, but family first. Always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you! Family is first and family comes through. Amazing Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your spring holiday is wonderful. We do what we need to do. As you are doing now. Good for you (and your family).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes, something just has to move over. Enjoy all the fun with the giggles and the sparking eyes from your girls. This is what memories are made of.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your spring break whole heartedly! Your decision is right. I'll miss you. I'll look forward to Tuesday slices when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for writing to your readers. this is important to teach our students that we can write authentically for different purposes.
    Congratulations for being a slicer for so many years. It is only the beginning for some of us but I will follow in your 'past steps' and carry on! Enjoy the break.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy your time away with your family. I will certainly miss your stories, but family comes first for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look at you... passing the Welcome Wagon baton. You rock, Michelle.

    Now, go and enjoy your spring break! Go make some memories worth writing about when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I bet you will still be writing as you spend time with your family. It will just happen in your head and in your heart instead of on the computer. And that is something to cherish.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad you pressed pause! EnJOY!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Popular posts from this blog

An Interview with Educator/Momma/Writer Ruth Ayres Celebrating #EnticingWriters + Giveaway!

I love sharing book titles with close friends, so I'm happy you are here! I want to share a book that you must add to your to-be-read list. Ruth Ayres has a brand new book titled  Enticing Hard-To-Reach Writers   published by Stenhouse Publishers. It's another must read from Ruth. There are many professional development books available to learn about mastering our craft of teaching.   However, there are only a few that make a true impact -- and this is one book that weaves raw truth, research, practical ideas, and story all in one {cute} little package.  In  Enticing Hard-To-Reach Writers , Ruth allows her worlds to collide during the creation:  "In this book, I entwine my three story lines as educator, momma, and writer." (p. 6) And she does this in an amazing way through sharing stories of her family, adoption, children living in hard places -- and doing their best  -- and healing. She shares how we can use research ...

soLs: a week

Slice of Life Stories hosted by the  Two Writing Teachers I can't believe it's already been one whole week. Sometimes vacations are over in a blink, but other times vacations move slowly to enjoy every moment.  That's how this vacation is going - slowly, but with so much to enjoy. Of course, it is hard being away from home and the every-day-usual, but what I have truly enjoyed the most is the evenings.  After the girls are tucked in bed, it becomes my time to do what I choose to do because I have NO to-do list!  Nothing!  No cleaning, no laundry (thanks Mom!), no dinner (thanks Dad!), no dishes, no nothing.  Instead I have guilt-free time to read books, browse Twitter, catch up on blog reading, scrounge...

soLs: a (proud) little secret

Slice of Life Stories hosted by the  Two Writing Teachers Come here.   Come closer.   I have a secret to share with you.   I'm really excited about it and I haven't told anyone except my mom , my hubby, and my friend, colleague, and writing buddy . I receive notifications of comments on my blog on my email at school.  I think all of you will agree, it's always exciting to see that a new comment was left behind.  It never gets old.  Everyone loves a visitor, a voice that let's you know that you've been heard, and a comment that keeps you writing. I know I don't say it enough, but I really appreciate when YOU stop by and YOU leave a little note because YOU matter to me.   Most comments pour in on Tuesday as slicers are doing their very best to read and leave a supportive note that day.  A few comments tr...