Skip to main content

{birthday::believe} 29/31 #sol18

__________________________________________________

The March Slice of Life Story Challenge
hosted at the Two Writing Teachers.
Join us for a month of writing!
__________________________________________________


Today is my birthday. Over the last (almost) eight years, I have celebrated with a list of some sort on this day. Today is no different. Today I write about 42 things I BELIEVE in -- my one little word for 2018. (In no particular order, just what came to mind ...)

I believe in ...

1. my God
2. my husband and his patience and love
3. my parents and family and all their love and support
4. my daughters and for who they are becoming
5. a few really good friends that I trust and adore

6. choosing kind, always
7. prayers
8. new adventures
9. experiencing life through my daughters' eyes
10. snuggles and kisses goodnight

11. all children, their future & for making this world a better place
12. hope, hope, hope
13. chocolate and the power it has to make me feel better
14. working out and growing stronger
15. drinking ice cold water

16. reading and writing
17. that both make us more compassionate humans
18. the power of words and stories
19. laughter
20. a cozy, safe home

21. a cleaning lady for a clean home
22. the smell of clean
23. sunshine and happiness
24. a new pillow and small decor
25. a fresh bouquet of flowers

26. singing praises
27. audio books
28. a really good night's sleep
29. saying yes (more than no) to my girls
30. manicures and pedicures

31. peace and quiet
32. learning and growing and reflecting
33. beauty that comes from the inside
34. power of puppies
35. unconditional love

36. being a light
37. encouraging others
38. immense patience
39. loving everyone, always
40. doing hard things (see above)

41. I believe in me and
42. I believe in you


__________________________________________________


My previous SOLSC birthday lists ...


41: I missed due to being in Disney on my birthday!

Comments

  1. I love birthday lists! And this is a good one. Have a great day, Michelle! I hope it's full of fun and surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Pumpkin! Hope you have a fun filled day. Great list of things to Believe in. I'm sure the girls have some great things to share with you. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Palju õnne sünnipäevaks, kallis Michelle! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Michelle! You are an inspiration to anyone who comes in contact with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic way to celebrate a birthday. The idea of making a list like this is brilliant! I believe in so many of the same things that you do. Have a Happy, Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Popular posts from this blog

{40 reasons} #sol15

Slice of Life  hosted  at the Two Writing Teachers Join in and share a slice of your life. _____________________________________________________ Today my husband celebrates a big, BIG birthday -- and I'm so lucky and thankful to have spent  the last sixteen years learning about everything that he loves the last (almost) twelve years learning about everything that I love about him the last (almost) five years learning with my daughters why we love our Daddy. Created at canva.com _____________________________________________________ Happy, happy 40th birthday Jon!

An Interview with Educator/Momma/Writer Ruth Ayres Celebrating #EnticingWriters + Giveaway!

I love sharing book titles with close friends, so I'm happy you are here! I want to share a book that you must add to your to-be-read list. Ruth Ayres has a brand new book titled  Enticing Hard-To-Reach Writers   published by Stenhouse Publishers. It's another must read from Ruth. There are many professional development books available to learn about mastering our craft of teaching.   However, there are only a few that make a true impact -- and this is one book that weaves raw truth, research, practical ideas, and story all in one {cute} little package.  In  Enticing Hard-To-Reach Writers , Ruth allows her worlds to collide during the creation:  "In this book, I entwine my three story lines as educator, momma, and writer." (p. 6) And she does this in an amazing way through sharing stories of her family, adoption, children living in hard places -- and doing their best  -- and healing. She shares how we can use research to understand how to

{#sol15} 10 Tips for the Challenge

Slice of Life  hosted  at the Two Writing Teachers Join in and share a slice of your life. Last Saturday morning, I didn't need to wake up early.  I wanted to go back to sleep.  But instead my brain was awake and thinking.  Creating this list.  Writing this post.   Many of us are embarking on an adventure - the Slice of Life Story Challenge.  Writing, sharing, and commenting for thirty-one days in March. Want to learn more about the SOLSC?  Check out Stacey's post {HERE} about the challenge hosted by the "Fab Six" over at the Two Writing Teachers ' blog.   I hope you find these tips for the challenge helpful whether you are a first-time slicer (cue confetti!) or a year five slicer like me. 1. Before the challenge