Skip to main content

{I am/You are} 2/31 #sol18


__________________________________________________

The March Slice of Life Story Challenge
hosted at the Two Writing Teachers.
Join us for a month of writing!
__________________________________________________




I am a ...

wife to a supportive husband 
"Oh, it's March. See you in a month."

mom of twin 7 and a half year old girls
Who are almost eight and growing up too fast

mom to a rescued puppy
The newest baby in the house demanding lots of attention

literacy interventionist at a new school
Surviving in my new role with new colleagues

faithful opportunistic slicer
Thanks for that creative title, Lisa!

forever learner
Reading and learning all that I can about literacy

reader of all things picture books
The joy that brings my girls and I together

child of God 
Trying to show others a glimpse of Jesus


You are ...

my mom
The one who reads all my slices and writes with me too

a forever friend
Joining me for another year of the challenge

a longtime #SOL friend
A core group of us that started 8 years ago together

a colleague
Encouraging teachers to be writers too

part of my PLN
Teacher-writers always learning and growing

a new acquaintance 
Many new faces in this community, but enjoying to learn about you

a fellow writer
We write for so many different reasons and yet we are here

an inspiration
I learn from each and every slice and comment


Words weave our lives together. Our stories are waiting to be shared. Our words matter. Whether simple or complex.

And no matter who I am or who you are, most importantly we are here together. Now that is inspirational! Let's celebrate words on a page for day two!

Thank you for stopping by today!

Comments

  1. "Words weave our lives together." This line captures so much truth to the spirit of this #SOL Community. What a wonderful slice that everyone can find themselves within! Thank you for sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, Michelle. You always inspire me with your creative formats. You capture so much in so few words here. (Your husband's comment made me laugh!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great structure for a slice. I love your opening lines about your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the structure of this. Your creativity in slicing always inspires me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this -- beautifully crafted and so true. I love this community and I too learn from every slice and comment -read and written. I agree with your husband - except with two teenage boys it is - yes we can get takeout!
    Enjoy!
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the two perspectives this post offers. Yes - this community is meaningful and your words remind me of the importance of my slicing friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like tne double take of this slice. You know the profile of your readers well. The collective “we” is mighty powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another creative slice. Where did you get this creativity from? I'm so glad to once again be on this journey with you and all who are part of this community. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always have creative ways of sharing the slices of your life! I'm glad your back this year. You are definitely an important part of my digital PLN!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the mirror like format of this post-- I am, you are. It's amazing to think about how this community has grown over the years!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michelle,
    Your post is a reminder of the many hats we wear --- and the gift of the many people who touch our worlds. Stopping by your blog during this challenge is always like dessert (with a lot less calories). I just enjoy it every single time.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Popular posts from this blog

{40 reasons} #sol15

Slice of Life  hosted  at the Two Writing Teachers Join in and share a slice of your life. _____________________________________________________ Today my husband celebrates a big, BIG birthday -- and I'm so lucky and thankful to have spent  the last sixteen years learning about everything that he loves the last (almost) twelve years learning about everything that I love about him the last (almost) five years learning with my daughters why we love our Daddy. Created at canva.com _____________________________________________________ Happy, happy 40th birthday Jon!

An Interview with Educator/Momma/Writer Ruth Ayres Celebrating #EnticingWriters + Giveaway!

I love sharing book titles with close friends, so I'm happy you are here! I want to share a book that you must add to your to-be-read list. Ruth Ayres has a brand new book titled  Enticing Hard-To-Reach Writers   published by Stenhouse Publishers. It's another must read from Ruth. There are many professional development books available to learn about mastering our craft of teaching.   However, there are only a few that make a true impact -- and this is one book that weaves raw truth, research, practical ideas, and story all in one {cute} little package.  In  Enticing Hard-To-Reach Writers , Ruth allows her worlds to collide during the creation:  "In this book, I entwine my three story lines as educator, momma, and writer." (p. 6) And she does this in an amazing way through sharing stories of her family, adoption, children living in hard places -- and doing their best  -- and healing. She shares how we can use research to understand how to

{#sol15} 10 Tips for the Challenge

Slice of Life  hosted  at the Two Writing Teachers Join in and share a slice of your life. Last Saturday morning, I didn't need to wake up early.  I wanted to go back to sleep.  But instead my brain was awake and thinking.  Creating this list.  Writing this post.   Many of us are embarking on an adventure - the Slice of Life Story Challenge.  Writing, sharing, and commenting for thirty-one days in March. Want to learn more about the SOLSC?  Check out Stacey's post {HERE} about the challenge hosted by the "Fab Six" over at the Two Writing Teachers ' blog.   I hope you find these tips for the challenge helpful whether you are a first-time slicer (cue confetti!) or a year five slicer like me. 1. Before the challenge