Tuesday, March 22, 2016

{i could write} 22/31 #sol16


The March Slice of Life Story Challenge
hosted at the Two Writing Teachers
Join us for a month of writing!
__________________________________________________

Monday was our first day of spring break ...

I could write about my alarm beep-beep-beeping me up earlier than I wanted on day one of my break thanks to my hubby setting an appointment for work to be completed at our house.

I could write about how thankful I am for my parents to be here and that they are so willing to watch the girls so that I can get away without feeling any guilt.

I could write about a quicker-than-expected round trip to an allergist appointment and then sneaking away to the library, where I sat and wrote a slice in my notebook before heading inside to browse in quiet by myself. We have a library adventure planned for Wednesday, so this trip was just for me.

I could write about how excitedly bonkers my girls were today.  A little extra excitement and a little extra louder than usual.  And lots more giggles!  Spring break? Grandma and Grandpa?

I could write about our shopping experience with the girls.  It used to be so easy -- as in, I would shop for adorable clothes that I liked and they would wear them.  Now they have an opinion of what they like and what they definitely don't like.   

I could write about opinions AND attitude make shopping more challenging ... and I see a future of shopping disagreements.  "Noooo-wah."

I could write about receiving an email on our credit card that exceeded the amount we have for the notification setting -- a $2,464.98 purchase to be exact. After calling my husband, I quickly called the credit card company.

I could write about  the frustration of credit card fraud ...

I could write about the fabulous anniversary dinner that I (kinda) helped my parents create ... they are the ones that belong in the kitchen.  Dinner was delicious.

I could write about the wonderful bedtime story that we shared.  As I was reading aloud "Any Questions?" by Marie-Louise Gay, I was thinking about all the uses of this mentor text in the classroom. Here's a question:  Have you read this book?  If not, go now! More here!

I could write about  the beautiful glowing full moon in the night sky that explained life today.

I could write about this slice format ... a little from Dana and a little from Leigh Anne.



12 comments:

  1. And so, you wrote about it all. Full day of lots of fun, challenges and enjoyment. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love each part, and my imagination is piqued, Michelle. Because I have granddaughters near your daughters' age, I know about the opinions! Have a wonderful time on your break with your parents there & taking a little time for yourself, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Any Questions! Such a wonderful book. I got to see Marie-Louise Gay read the book and have a signed copy. It is a treasure. You have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it's a great way to slice! Sounds like spring break is starting on the right foot . . . except for the credit card issue! Enjoy the week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a good format, allowing to record the day and emotions. I like that you finish with a great book and full moon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could....and you did. Beautifully!!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, so glad that you chose this format - and I loved all that you did write about!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, so glad that you chose this format - and I loved all that you did write about!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhh- you can hear how relaxed you sound! (JEALOUS!) 1-1/2 more teaching days for me (I think I can... I think I can...)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this slice! So many stories in one. The credit card fraud story reminds me of my Costco issue... Yikes!! Happy Anniversary to your mom and dad!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like how you wrote this! So many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.