Friday, March 25, 2016

{a letter to a friend} 25/31 #sol16


The March Slice of Life Story Challenge
hosted at the Two Writing Teachers
Join us for a month of writing!
__________________________________________________

Dearest Friend,

I miss you.  It's been way too long.

I was happy when you arrived this month, but you were here for such a short time.  You felt distant to me.  I saw only a glimpse of your bright, cheery face.  Seeing you warmed my heart and brought a smile to my face.  You were like a breath of fresh air.  You whispered soft words of hope and renewal.

And just as quickly as you arrived, you were gone.  In the blink of an eye.

I was surprised at your decision to suddenly leave.  Your change in behavior was unexpected.  There was a chill in the air and your words pelted like snow. Why, I wonder, do you feel the need to tease and taunt me?  I need you here.  I need you to be by my side to feel that sense of rejuvenation.

Will you ever come back to greet me?  I do hope so, and soon.  Oh, my dearest friend, Spring....

All my warmest love,
Michelle

10 comments:

  1. Wow Michelle, amazing! I honestly had idea where this was going! Your words, so vivid so beautiful! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely letter - very clever! Maybe if we all write a letter, spring will come back!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was getting all worried about a potential conflict you had with someone and then - ahh! Phew! Clever, clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made me wonder who you were writing to. A great concept and yes, I'm hoping spring will soon be here to stay - maybe it's in Arkansas. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was never meant to last;
    Alas, my friend, I needed to leave
    so that when I come back around
    again, you will find some sense of belief
    of the power of rejuvenation,
    made visible by the colors
    of unexpected change.

    --Kevin, speaking as Spring, as if ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking outside at a white world this morning--it snowed in the night. After it was 75 earlier in the week! So hard to keep up with South Dakota weather....Love the letter format for a slice, especially when the addressee isn't a person!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun slice! I caught on when I read "..a glimpse of your bright, cheery face." Hope spring returns soon for you and others!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so ready for spring to stay. Wonderfully creative slice today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha! Loved this. And totally unexpected. I hope she comes back soon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very clever!
    Spring looks like winter here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.