Skip to main content

SOLSC: Vacation is Time - 26/31

The Slice of Life Story Challenge 
is hosted by the Two Writing Teachers.

Vacation is . . . Time

Time with my parents
and time with my husband and girls.

Time to rejuvenate
and time to forget worries.

Time to watch
and time to listen.

Time to talk
and time to laugh.

Time to walk
and time to relax.

Time to read
and time to ponder.

Time to write
and time to share.

Time is vacation
and the time comes to an end.

Until the next vacation.

Comments

  1. Ending vacations are sad and exciting. I am always sad to leave home and family and excited to return to my classroom to begin with fresh eyes and ears. It sounds like you had a very nice vacation and yes, are looking forward to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the rhythm of your poem, so soothing, hopefully like your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the rhythm to your poem. It made me wish my vacation wasn't over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you repeated the word time in your poem. I'm feeling a bit sad that my spring break is almost over!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Popular posts from this blog

An Interview with Educator/Momma/Writer Ruth Ayres Celebrating #EnticingWriters + Giveaway!

I love sharing book titles with close friends, so I'm happy you are here! I want to share a book that you must add to your to-be-read list. Ruth Ayres has a brand new book titled  Enticing Hard-To-Reach Writers   published by Stenhouse Publishers. It's another must read from Ruth. There are many professional development books available to learn about mastering our craft of teaching.   However, there are only a few that make a true impact -- and this is one book that weaves raw truth, research, practical ideas, and story all in one {cute} little package.  In  Enticing Hard-To-Reach Writers , Ruth allows her worlds to collide during the creation:  "In this book, I entwine my three story lines as educator, momma, and writer." (p. 6) And she does this in an amazing way through sharing stories of her family, adoption, children living in hard places -- and doing their best  -- and healing. She shares how we can use research ...

soLs: a week

Slice of Life Stories hosted by the  Two Writing Teachers I can't believe it's already been one whole week. Sometimes vacations are over in a blink, but other times vacations move slowly to enjoy every moment.  That's how this vacation is going - slowly, but with so much to enjoy. Of course, it is hard being away from home and the every-day-usual, but what I have truly enjoyed the most is the evenings.  After the girls are tucked in bed, it becomes my time to do what I choose to do because I have NO to-do list!  Nothing!  No cleaning, no laundry (thanks Mom!), no dinner (thanks Dad!), no dishes, no nothing.  Instead I have guilt-free time to read books, browse Twitter, catch up on blog reading, scrounge...

soLs: a (proud) little secret

Slice of Life Stories hosted by the  Two Writing Teachers Come here.   Come closer.   I have a secret to share with you.   I'm really excited about it and I haven't told anyone except my mom , my hubby, and my friend, colleague, and writing buddy . I receive notifications of comments on my blog on my email at school.  I think all of you will agree, it's always exciting to see that a new comment was left behind.  It never gets old.  Everyone loves a visitor, a voice that let's you know that you've been heard, and a comment that keeps you writing. I know I don't say it enough, but I really appreciate when YOU stop by and YOU leave a little note because YOU matter to me.   Most comments pour in on Tuesday as slicers are doing their very best to read and leave a supportive note that day.  A few comments tr...