Slice of Life Stories hosted
I can't believe it's already been one whole week.
Sometimes vacations are over in a blink, but other times vacations move slowly to enjoy every moment. That's how this vacation is going - slowly, but with so much to enjoy.
Of course, it is hard being away from home and the every-day-usual, but what I have truly enjoyed the most is the evenings. After the girls are tucked in bed, it becomes my time to do what I choose to do because I have NO to-do list! Nothing! No cleaning, no laundry (thanks Mom!), no dinner (thanks Dad!), no dishes, no nothing. Instead I have guilt-free time to read books, browse Twitter, catch up on blog reading, scrounge on Pinterest . . . or write a slice of life.
The moments my girls and I (and Grandma and Grandpa too!) enjoyed together last week:
- Playing with a few of our favorite toys from home
- Throwing the ball to Max, the dog, and watching him wonder why we are playing with his toys when we brought our own
- Taking Max for walks up the big hills and back down again (Mommy doing all the work pushing the stroller)
- Reading book after book after book
- Reading the same book over and over, including a new favorite: Piggies by Audrey Wood and Don Wood and I Love Trucks! by Philemon Sturges
- Visiting the local library for story time and making a craft
- Discovering a park with big slides and a spinning merry-go-round
- Listening to the girls talk and sing and say silly things
- Finding and fighting over Grandpa's truck and tractor magazine
- Stopping by the fish hatchery to watch thousands of trout swim and splash about
- Attending church, sitting, reading, coloring quietly through an hour service - only adding an 'amen' after everyone else said it
- Spotting many deer nibbling on Grandma's bushes or the dry, crunchy, thin grass
- Meeting lots of Grandma's and Grandpa's friends, but we're not too sure . . .
- Swimming, floating, lounging, splashing in the warm lake
- Skyping with Daddy and seeing that he is (barely) surviving without us!