Skip to main content

{it's really going to happen} #sol18


Slice of Life is hosted at the Two Writing Teachers
Join in and share a slice of your life. 
_____________________________________________________


I gasped when I opened the email. Out loud. In a meeting. A smile formed on my face.

"No way."

There was an invitation to attend a workshop with one of the most amazing teacher-writing-mommas out there. She just shared her new book with the world and I was a little tiny part of her journey.

I quickly closed the email in disbelief.

You see, she is the one who got me started writing slices of life on this little blog almost eight years ago.

She's also kind of big deal. And there she was in my email saying she's coming to a town near me.

Then I opened the email again to read beyond her name and smiling face. I checked my calendar and emailed a couple colleagues.

"Aaaaaaaaagggggghhhhhh! I gasped when I opened this! Can we go?????"

Thinking about how I'm going to make this work ... there has to be a way. I emailed her out of sheer shock and excitement.

Do you know I literally gasped when I opened this email an hour ago?!? I'm going to do everything in my power to be there!! Fingers crossed our paths will cross in real life!!!

This weekend, I signed up. There was no way I was going to miss this opportunity. We have yet to meet in real life.

And I cannot wait to hear the power of her stories. With my own ears. In real life. You could say, I'm a bit elated at this opportunity.

If you are also near my little corner of the world, please join us! It's going to be an amazing day!



www.judsonu.edu/adayatjudson



Comments

  1. She is amazing --so glad you are going to meet her. We have heard her a few times and she is amazing in person. We LOVE her new book -so important. Can't wait to read about what you learn from your day. Enjoy.
    Clare
    P.S. Loved your title - I could not resist clicking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I was closer, I would find a way to go. She is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This brought tears to my eyes because I know your excitement! Ruth is just amazing in person and I remember the exact moment I met her! I am so happy for you! You really need to try and make it to All Write some summer so we can meet in real life too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you! She came to my district's literacy conference a few years ago and I was star-struck! :-) I printed out the slicing logo & had her sign it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! That sounds like a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are one lucky gal!!! Wish it was closer so I could go! Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOORAY! I signed up, too, so we can learn together and fangirl over meeting Ruth in real life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great for you! And yes I did map out how far Judson was from Des Moines. Believe me, I'm contemplating. Have an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting! What a fantastic day you will have listening to Ruth but also getting a hug from her. She is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This will be a great seminar. I'm glad that you can arrange your schedule to attend. It will be wonderful to meet in person and get acquainted face to face. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Popular posts from this blog

{40 reasons} #sol15

Slice of Life  hosted  at the Two Writing Teachers Join in and share a slice of your life. _____________________________________________________ Today my husband celebrates a big, BIG birthday -- and I'm so lucky and thankful to have spent  the last sixteen years learning about everything that he loves the last (almost) twelve years learning about everything that I love about him the last (almost) five years learning with my daughters why we love our Daddy. Created at canva.com _____________________________________________________ Happy, happy 40th birthday Jon!

An Interview with Educator/Momma/Writer Ruth Ayres Celebrating #EnticingWriters + Giveaway!

I love sharing book titles with close friends, so I'm happy you are here! I want to share a book that you must add to your to-be-read list. Ruth Ayres has a brand new book titled  Enticing Hard-To-Reach Writers   published by Stenhouse Publishers. It's another must read from Ruth. There are many professional development books available to learn about mastering our craft of teaching.   However, there are only a few that make a true impact -- and this is one book that weaves raw truth, research, practical ideas, and story all in one {cute} little package.  In  Enticing Hard-To-Reach Writers , Ruth allows her worlds to collide during the creation:  "In this book, I entwine my three story lines as educator, momma, and writer." (p. 6) And she does this in an amazing way through sharing stories of her family, adoption, children living in hard places -- and doing their best  -- and healing. She shares how we can use research to understand how to

{#sol15} 10 Tips for the Challenge

Slice of Life  hosted  at the Two Writing Teachers Join in and share a slice of your life. Last Saturday morning, I didn't need to wake up early.  I wanted to go back to sleep.  But instead my brain was awake and thinking.  Creating this list.  Writing this post.   Many of us are embarking on an adventure - the Slice of Life Story Challenge.  Writing, sharing, and commenting for thirty-one days in March. Want to learn more about the SOLSC?  Check out Stacey's post {HERE} about the challenge hosted by the "Fab Six" over at the Two Writing Teachers ' blog.   I hope you find these tips for the challenge helpful whether you are a first-time slicer (cue confetti!) or a year five slicer like me. 1. Before the challenge