Skip to main content

{Starting Again} #sol19

Slice of Life is hosted at the Two Writing Teachers
Join in and share a slice of your life. 
_____________________________________________________


I can't believe it's been almost a year without writing a slice of life or even a blog post.
After years of writing. Nine years. 626 published blog posts. Most slice of life stories.

To be exact.

I know that my habit of writing slipped away.
I chose to ignore the blog, the calls for slices, the messages from far away friends.

I let it go.

It's hard really to say why. I'm sure it's a combination of home and school.
And to be honest, my heart wasn't in it.

However, my heart has been empty too.

I have missed capturing my stories about life.
I've missed you, your stories, your connections, your support.

But I haven't missed my personal pressure to write ... and to write well.

Yet, I think I'm ready to ignite my passion for writing again.
At least I'm going to make the effort. And it starts with the first day.

Here's to starting again. 


Comments

  1. Don't know what made me check out TWT today, but guess it was meant to be and there you were. So glad you're writing again without pressure, but because you want to. Maybe this is the encouragement for me to write again too. We'll see. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! I was so happy to see a post from you today. When I take breaks, I miss all of those things you say--but never that personal pressure to write. It feels wonderful to get a break from that, honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray! You are back! Word by word. Hugs. I am having a little party here for your return!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO great that you are starting again. We all have seasons of letting our writing lives lapse. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The great thing about SOL Tuesdays is that you can dip-in and dip-in whenever you’d like. That’s another way of me saying, happy to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's to starting again! Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Popular posts from this blog

An Interview with Educator/Momma/Writer Ruth Ayres Celebrating #EnticingWriters + Giveaway!

I love sharing book titles with close friends, so I'm happy you are here! I want to share a book that you must add to your to-be-read list. Ruth Ayres has a brand new book titled  Enticing Hard-To-Reach Writers   published by Stenhouse Publishers. It's another must read from Ruth. There are many professional development books available to learn about mastering our craft of teaching.   However, there are only a few that make a true impact -- and this is one book that weaves raw truth, research, practical ideas, and story all in one {cute} little package.  In  Enticing Hard-To-Reach Writers , Ruth allows her worlds to collide during the creation:  "In this book, I entwine my three story lines as educator, momma, and writer." (p. 6) And she does this in an amazing way through sharing stories of her family, adoption, children living in hard places -- and doing their best  -- and healing. She shares how we can use research ...

soLs: a week

Slice of Life Stories hosted by the  Two Writing Teachers I can't believe it's already been one whole week. Sometimes vacations are over in a blink, but other times vacations move slowly to enjoy every moment.  That's how this vacation is going - slowly, but with so much to enjoy. Of course, it is hard being away from home and the every-day-usual, but what I have truly enjoyed the most is the evenings.  After the girls are tucked in bed, it becomes my time to do what I choose to do because I have NO to-do list!  Nothing!  No cleaning, no laundry (thanks Mom!), no dinner (thanks Dad!), no dishes, no nothing.  Instead I have guilt-free time to read books, browse Twitter, catch up on blog reading, scrounge...

soLs: a (proud) little secret

Slice of Life Stories hosted by the  Two Writing Teachers Come here.   Come closer.   I have a secret to share with you.   I'm really excited about it and I haven't told anyone except my mom , my hubby, and my friend, colleague, and writing buddy . I receive notifications of comments on my blog on my email at school.  I think all of you will agree, it's always exciting to see that a new comment was left behind.  It never gets old.  Everyone loves a visitor, a voice that let's you know that you've been heard, and a comment that keeps you writing. I know I don't say it enough, but I really appreciate when YOU stop by and YOU leave a little note because YOU matter to me.   Most comments pour in on Tuesday as slicers are doing their very best to read and leave a supportive note that day.  A few comments tr...