Skip to main content

{my so-called life} #sol16


Slice of Life is hosted at the Two Writing Teachers
Join in and share a slice of your life. 
_____________________________________________________

I've been away for too long. I have missed this community.  This group of writers. This close-knit supporters who are always here through the highs and lows of life.

I stepped away from blogging for a brief, but all-too-quick month to collect beautiful moments like...

1.  Celebrate the girls' sixth birthday.
2.  Pack up our house and move to the next town over to "our new" house.
3.  Unpack box by box creating some order of living.
4.  Transition the girls into a new school for the last month of school.
5.  Pray for many friends going through big transitions.
6.  Prepare for our #cyberPD announcement. (Please join us!)
7.  Host a party with eleven of the girls' friends.
8.  Continue unpacking boxes, reorganizing, moving things around.
9.  Host my mom as she played "Grandma School" with the girls.
10. Finish up our kindergarten year and my school year.
11.  Walk around the lake in our new neighborhood.
12.  Start this so-needed summer break ...

Each a story to tell in my so-called life.  It's amazing how much can happen in a month, but last month I did not have the time, energy, or words to share.  But I can't wait to jump back into writing on Tuesdays and read what is happening in your little corner of the world!


Comments

  1. So much happening in your life, so much to write about and share, so much to enjoy, so many challenges, so much to balance, so many beautiful moments and so many blessings. Hugs and lots of love, Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy. Many beautiful moments. What is your #cyberpd announcement? I fear I've missed something awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to get back into the swing of things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Collect beautiful moments. You have a lot of them! Welcome back! Jennifer Sniadecki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! I'm glad you had a rich, lovely month of memory-making. So many story seeds you've gathered!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Walk around the lake in our new neighborhood."
    Hope you'll post pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know your priorities. The collected moments nest in your heart. Not writing doesn't change their value. Wishing you lot of happy moments in all the new.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Popular posts from this blog

{40 reasons} #sol15

Slice of Life  hosted  at the Two Writing Teachers Join in and share a slice of your life. _____________________________________________________ Today my husband celebrates a big, BIG birthday -- and I'm so lucky and thankful to have spent  the last sixteen years learning about everything that he loves the last (almost) twelve years learning about everything that I love about him the last (almost) five years learning with my daughters why we love our Daddy. Created at canva.com _____________________________________________________ Happy, happy 40th birthday Jon!

An Interview with Educator/Momma/Writer Ruth Ayres Celebrating #EnticingWriters + Giveaway!

I love sharing book titles with close friends, so I'm happy you are here! I want to share a book that you must add to your to-be-read list. Ruth Ayres has a brand new book titled  Enticing Hard-To-Reach Writers   published by Stenhouse Publishers. It's another must read from Ruth. There are many professional development books available to learn about mastering our craft of teaching.   However, there are only a few that make a true impact -- and this is one book that weaves raw truth, research, practical ideas, and story all in one {cute} little package.  In  Enticing Hard-To-Reach Writers , Ruth allows her worlds to collide during the creation:  "In this book, I entwine my three story lines as educator, momma, and writer." (p. 6) And she does this in an amazing way through sharing stories of her family, adoption, children living in hard places -- and doing their best  -- and healing. She shares how we can use research to understand how to

{#sol15} 10 Tips for the Challenge

Slice of Life  hosted  at the Two Writing Teachers Join in and share a slice of your life. Last Saturday morning, I didn't need to wake up early.  I wanted to go back to sleep.  But instead my brain was awake and thinking.  Creating this list.  Writing this post.   Many of us are embarking on an adventure - the Slice of Life Story Challenge.  Writing, sharing, and commenting for thirty-one days in March. Want to learn more about the SOLSC?  Check out Stacey's post {HERE} about the challenge hosted by the "Fab Six" over at the Two Writing Teachers ' blog.   I hope you find these tips for the challenge helpful whether you are a first-time slicer (cue confetti!) or a year five slicer like me. 1. Before the challenge