Tuesday, October 11, 2011

SOLS: Just Do It

Check out more Slice of Life Stories 


It's only thirty minutes
and it gives me time

To think
To write in my head
To plan my to-do list
To be by myself.

It's only thirty minutes
and it is worth it

To get up a little early
To start the day off right
To be energized
To just breathe.

It's only thirty minutes
and I just need to do it

To relieve stress
To get my heart pumping
To feel healthier
To feel alive.

It's only thirty minutes
and it's time to exercise.


5 comments:

  1. Exercise in the morning? Hat off to you. My poem for the mornings would be: 5 more minutes of sleep. ;)
    It is interesting that your poem has a rhythm of an exercise.
    Terje

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to exercise in the morning, but then I had a baby. It's hard to make that a priority when someone is crying in their crib. Maybe someday I'll be able to do those morning workouts again.

    Kudos to you on your morning fitness journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have absolutely, a-b-s-o-l-u-t-e-l-y, no, n-o excuse not to exercise anymore. I think it's wonderful that you do that in the morning. And I like the poem rhythm. Very nice structure to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I am not a particularly cheery morning person, I'm not sure this would work for me, but I do get up earlier to have some quiet to write. Good for you Michelle to get going. I do regular exercise & think it's vital to keep moving; I just do it later in the day. I love that you put this into a rhythm like a song for exercising. Print it out & try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a commitment to me! I get up early, but find it hard to exercise. I generally wait until after school--but then there are so many excuses not to....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.