Skip to main content

Choice Literacy Clusters

Note: Choice Literacy is a subscription website, but worth every penny if you are a literacy leader or providing literacy professional development!  There are many free features, including The Big Fresh e-newsletter that arrives every Saturday morning with great ideas -- many free links to check out!  Browse The Big Fresh archives to see what you've been missing!


I love perusing the Choice Literacy website.  It's amazing!  Their adage: "Come for the resources. Stay for the inspiration." You think you are searching out information on one topic and before you know it, you've found 10 more articles or videos on other interesting and inspiring topics!

One component of the Choice Literacy website is the Professional Development Clusters.  As a literacy leader in my school, I'm always looking for new ways to provide PD or information to share.  This is an awesome resource!  Choice Literacy has already "clustered" several articles, videos, and reflection questions for discussion.

Need some inspiration for . . .

  • Better Meetings
  • Moving from Assessment Data to Classroom Practice
  • Rethinking Guided Reading
  • Understanding the Literacy Learning of English Language Learners
  • Writer's Craft Refresh

Take time and enjoy browsing the site!  You'll soon realize my obsession!

Comments

  1. I like Choice Literacy too. The articles are very good. It makes me feel good to know that other teachers and coaches have the same concerns and struggles that I do. It is easy for me to lose track of time when I am on the site.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Popular posts from this blog

{40 reasons} #sol15

Slice of Life  hosted  at the Two Writing Teachers Join in and share a slice of your life. _____________________________________________________ Today my husband celebrates a big, BIG birthday -- and I'm so lucky and thankful to have spent  the last sixteen years learning about everything that he loves the last (almost) twelve years learning about everything that I love about him the last (almost) five years learning with my daughters why we love our Daddy. Created at canva.com _____________________________________________________ Happy, happy 40th birthday Jon!

An Interview with Educator/Momma/Writer Ruth Ayres Celebrating #EnticingWriters + Giveaway!

I love sharing book titles with close friends, so I'm happy you are here! I want to share a book that you must add to your to-be-read list. Ruth Ayres has a brand new book titled  Enticing Hard-To-Reach Writers   published by Stenhouse Publishers. It's another must read from Ruth. There are many professional development books available to learn about mastering our craft of teaching.   However, there are only a few that make a true impact -- and this is one book that weaves raw truth, research, practical ideas, and story all in one {cute} little package.  In  Enticing Hard-To-Reach Writers , Ruth allows her worlds to collide during the creation:  "In this book, I entwine my three story lines as educator, momma, and writer." (p. 6) And she does this in an amazing way through sharing stories of her family, adoption, children living in hard places -- and doing their best  -- and healing. She shares how we can use research to understand how to

{#sol15} 10 Tips for the Challenge

Slice of Life  hosted  at the Two Writing Teachers Join in and share a slice of your life. Last Saturday morning, I didn't need to wake up early.  I wanted to go back to sleep.  But instead my brain was awake and thinking.  Creating this list.  Writing this post.   Many of us are embarking on an adventure - the Slice of Life Story Challenge.  Writing, sharing, and commenting for thirty-one days in March. Want to learn more about the SOLSC?  Check out Stacey's post {HERE} about the challenge hosted by the "Fab Six" over at the Two Writing Teachers ' blog.   I hope you find these tips for the challenge helpful whether you are a first-time slicer (cue confetti!) or a year five slicer like me. 1. Before the challenge