Skip to main content

{my one little word} #sol17

Slice of Life is hosted at the Two Writing Teachers
Join in and share a slice of your life. 
_____________________________________________________

Telling my story about my one little word has been easy to do in the past.  I mean, words have reached out and easily identified themselves as the one.  My focus, mission, living and breathing word for the year was right there.

This year has not been the same.

I thought I found my word.  I wrote all about it in my journal. Days later I questioned it. My thinking grew and changed. I questioned and contemplated.

Then another word came to me days later while I was driving home. The word was repeated in a song on the radio and hidden in a book title. The word was announced in a passage of scripture and heard in a commercial. Then I thought through the facets and layers of this one little word and what it would mean to me in 2017.

It's been two weeks. No other word has whispered in my ear. This word has lingered around.

I believe in it. I believe in the power and change this one little world will bring to my life.

My story is still being written and this year I need love.

Love my God first. Dedicate time and thought to His word.

Love myself more. It's time to focus on putting me first to eat right, exercise, and grow into my healthy body that is ... hiding.

Love my husband more. Love my girls more. Love everyone always.

Love is the one little word I need this year.
Love more <3:

Comments

  1. Great word. Love is something we all need more of both on the giving as well as the receiving end. Wishing you a year of love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous word: love. Everyone needs this now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am intrigued by the word, more, perhaps more so than love. What does it mean to love more? Is it possible to have degrees or is love more encompassing? Some things to think about. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love is probably the most powerful word one can choose. It can be gentle and strong at the same time. Love doesn't need to be grand. Sometimes it shows itself through small things. It is wonderful that love has no limits and can keep growing. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Michelle.

    The love of God is great and strong; yes, we can speak of an ocean of love. That love gives us the strength to forgive and even to love our enemies. That love is a source of power and victory during the most terrible crises of our life, but also in everyday life. - Corrie Ten Boom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Popular posts from this blog

{40 reasons} #sol15

Slice of Life  hosted  at the Two Writing Teachers Join in and share a slice of your life. _____________________________________________________ Today my husband celebrates a big, BIG birthday -- and I'm so lucky and thankful to have spent  the last sixteen years learning about everything that he loves the last (almost) twelve years learning about everything that I love about him the last (almost) five years learning with my daughters why we love our Daddy. Created at canva.com _____________________________________________________ Happy, happy 40th birthday Jon!

An Interview with Educator/Momma/Writer Ruth Ayres Celebrating #EnticingWriters + Giveaway!

I love sharing book titles with close friends, so I'm happy you are here! I want to share a book that you must add to your to-be-read list. Ruth Ayres has a brand new book titled  Enticing Hard-To-Reach Writers   published by Stenhouse Publishers. It's another must read from Ruth. There are many professional development books available to learn about mastering our craft of teaching.   However, there are only a few that make a true impact -- and this is one book that weaves raw truth, research, practical ideas, and story all in one {cute} little package.  In  Enticing Hard-To-Reach Writers , Ruth allows her worlds to collide during the creation:  "In this book, I entwine my three story lines as educator, momma, and writer." (p. 6) And she does this in an amazing way through sharing stories of her family, adoption, children living in hard places -- and doing their best  -- and healing. She shares how we can use research to understand how to

{#sol15} 10 Tips for the Challenge

Slice of Life  hosted  at the Two Writing Teachers Join in and share a slice of your life. Last Saturday morning, I didn't need to wake up early.  I wanted to go back to sleep.  But instead my brain was awake and thinking.  Creating this list.  Writing this post.   Many of us are embarking on an adventure - the Slice of Life Story Challenge.  Writing, sharing, and commenting for thirty-one days in March. Want to learn more about the SOLSC?  Check out Stacey's post {HERE} about the challenge hosted by the "Fab Six" over at the Two Writing Teachers ' blog.   I hope you find these tips for the challenge helpful whether you are a first-time slicer (cue confetti!) or a year five slicer like me. 1. Before the challenge