Check out more Slices of Life
at the Two Writing Teachers
After starting this blog one cold and dreary day in February while my girls were napping, I have made it to 100 posts! Yes, this right here, that you are now reading, that is freshly written, is absolutely, positively post number one hundred! So, I thought I'd share some of my reflections about writing and blogging:
- I'm a writer! I'm not trying for book deals here . . . yet. I'm just trying to share my thinking and grow as a reader, writer, and teacher of both.
- I enjoy writing poetry. Not form or structured poems, just free verse. I've written more poetry over the last couple months than I have ever written in my entire life. I've fallen in love with poetry.
- I loved participating in the March challenge. Ruth challenged me to start a blog and to just start writing. I was motivated. I was actively searching for ideas to capture. Currently, my writer's notebook is whispering to me, baring its' blank pages that are waiting to be scribbled upon again as frequently as I did last March.
- I cannot even believe how much I've written. I know my writing has slowed from week to week and I'm lucky enough to write my 'Slice of Life' for Tuesday. Hey, no excuses, but I am a mom of twin 17 month old girls and a full time teacher! But what an accomplishment! I just started browsing through previous posts and I'm quite amazed! It feels pretty good. No, it feels awesome!
- There are so many awesome authors, writers, and teachers out there in the TWT community. I throughly enjoy learning from you each week. I love reading your new stories and your sagas that continue. It's amazing the "friends" that I've never met, yet I know so much about through their writing each week. Thank you for always being open and honest.
Thank you for sharing in this happy "100" day!